[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon May 12 19:06:28 UTC 2014

On 5/12/2014 2:06 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski wrote:
> Am 12.05.2014, 10:21 Uhr, schrieb Andre Newman
> <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>:
>
>>> Get a client or MDA that offers filtering? Use threading to
>>> differentiate topics?
> No, I won't get the next cool super tool to compensate the lack of
> functionality of a rarely used alternative. :p

Every full fledged mail client supports filtering rules, as do many
webmail clients.

The In-Reply-To field was defined for email in RFC822 way way back in
1982, allowing mail clients to track a conversation across multiple
replies, enabling threading, so you can view or ignore entire topics as
a whole.  This "next cool super tool" is built-in functionality, rather
than the lack there of, and over 30 years old.