[mythtv-users] Both In progress HD recordings and Live Tv dropping frames on frontend.

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Mon May 12 11:31:59 UTC 2014

> When I watch in-progress recordings or LiveTV on the frontend ( Atom), It
> stutters, and looking at the logs for mythfrontend -v playback I can see
it is
> dropping Video frames. The extent of drops varies. As soon as the
recording
> stops, the same file continues to play smoothly without drops.

Stuttering issue is described in https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12016
Possible problems are:
- MySQL on ext4, barriers problem
       either move your DB to a ext3 filesystem, or add "barrier=0" in your
mount command (/etc/fstab, eg. /dev/sda5    /    ext4    noatime,barrier=0
0    1).
- Some of your MySQL tables use the InnoDB engine, check your backup sql
files for "ENGINE=InnoDB"
       backup your DB, with a normal editor change "ENGINE=InnoDB" with
"ENGINE=MyISAM" and restore
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore.

Hope this helps,
Angela