[mythtv-users] Stop Mythmusic changing mp3 file (date)?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun May 11 22:20:36 UTC 2014

On 11/05/14 23:06, PlainFaceBoy wrote:
> I've set up a NAS box to automatically synchronise/backup my files
> including all my music mp3s that I play using myhthtv/mythmusic.
> I've noticed that whenever I play a file it is always re-sync'ed at
> next sync.
> (I'm only sync-ing on name/date/size).
> What does mythmusic do to change the file when it plays it - is it the
> date? How can I stop this, as it seems a bit pointless!?
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks.

MythMusic will by default update the tag with the last played date/time
and playcount when you play a track which will change the mod timestamp
of the file.

You can turn 'Allow metadata to be written to tags' setting of and this
wont be a problem but any changes to the metadata in Myth wont be saved
to the tag only to the database.

The current version in  master attempts to preserve the file timestamps
so this wont be a problem in the future.

Paul H.