[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun May 11 05:02:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 06:46:18PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi David,
>
> Saturday, May 10, 2014, 6:29:46 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> I ran both --printsched and --testsched (which gave exactly the same
> >> output) and both when the saturday schedule came up and just now and
> >> found the cause to be bad tuner scheduling, combined with a low
> >> priority to that specific rule.
>
> > I forgot that the output I wanted now needs "-v schedule --loglevel
> > debug" in addition to the --testsched.  My bad.
>
> I'll see next week, with a fresh schedule
>
> >> The priority order of the tuners is 2, 6, 1. With the priority order
> >> for livetv (which I rarely use) reversed.
> >> Adjusting the priority for body of proof to 20 (making it 38 as it
> >> should have been, my error, I typed 2 instead of 20) still lets
> >> Wallander block by prioritising its tuner choice.
> >> I'm not sure where Wallander gets its 2 points extra. Obviously
>
> > Perhaps the 2 points are for HD priority.
> No I have as yet no HD
>
> >> setting the tuner raises it by 10 and 20 are for being a detective and
> >> 18 for my preferred channels.
>
> > It sounds like you know what's going on now.  I'm not clear, though,
> > that you're satisfied with the results.  Can you clarify?
>
> > David
>
> Yes, thanks. I know, because of the crowded schedule, I always have to
> check the schedule on saturday. I didn't know of the commandline
> options, so now I think I'll write a script that mails me about
> upcoming conflicts.
> It still stands there seems to be a flaw (I don't want to call it a
> bug) in the tuner assignment, where later higher priority recordings
> taking the highest priority tuner can block earlier recordings
> needlessly. Maybe I should set all tuners the same priority. I set

Unless you really understand the impact of using tuner priorities,
it's best to leave them at the default values.  When they are used,
MythTV tries to adhere to them does things that might at first seem
correct.

> that, setting the pvr350 in the middle, this way to minimalize the
> occurrence of both pvr500 tuners being used. They get quite hot.

You should probably use schedorder to achieve this rather than
priorities.  Also, if heating is that big of a concern, make sure you
have good case ventilation and try leave the slot next to the 500
empty.

> Maybe 0.27 handles this better?

I don't think so, but Mike Dean is much better than I am at
remembering such things.

David
--
David Engel