[mythtv-users] HDPVR S/PDIF troubles

John J Tucker mythtv
Sun May 11 04:32:16 UTC 2014

Andrew,

No unfortunately the DirecTV STB only has coax out.  The coax to optical converters are working and after discovering that if the RCA (red/white) analog cables are connected there is no S/PDIF signal to the converter.  After I removed the analog cables the 5.1 surround sound passes thru to the HDPVR.

I'm frustrated but happy now.

adios,
jt