[mythtv-users] modernizing mythtv

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun May 11 02:49:47 UTC 2014

Hoi jedi,

Sunday, May 11, 2014, 2:49:08 AM, you wrote:

> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 04:33:52PM -0400, Will Dormann wrote:

>> > Actually mythbackend doesn't:
>> > # objdump -x /usr/bin/mythbackend | grep NEEDED
>>
>> > But Qt does ...
>>

>> I'm not sure that I follow your logic.   By that same test, mythfrontend
>> doesn't need X either.  But I'm pretty sure that you can't run
>> mythfrontend without X.

>    You can run mythfrontend without a local X server running too.

>    There's probably not much use for that but it's certainly possible.

Thanks for your nostalgia. But now I'm looking at how to selectively
allow an X client on the backend (mythtv-setup) to connect to an X
server on your workstation. This possibility has been disabled by
default, because of righteous security considerations. To reenable it
even selectively is diving into system mysteries. Aside from nostalgia
can you attribute?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven