[mythtv-users] Active tuner chosen for recordings even in LiveTV

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Sun May 11 01:52:10 UTC 2014

On 05/10/2014 04:03 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> I'm still running 0.26-fixes, so if 0.27 fixes this, let me know.
>
> When watching Live TV, I usually miss the countdown timer letting me
> know that Myth wants to tune to a scheduled recording, and it's a bit
> frustrating. But what's really odd is that after it changes my
> channel, I hit escape and fire up Live TV, and Myth automatically
> switches to a dormant tuner. My question is:
>
> Why doesn't MythTV use one of the tuners that isn't in use, instead
> using my active LiveTV tuner? And is there a setting somewhere that I
> can change to make this happen?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

***
I've not encountered that problem but it's possible I pre-empted it when
I set the Recording and Live TV priorities in the Input connections
section of Mythtv-setup. I made certain that the tuner with the highest
recording priority also had the lowest live tv priority. I happen to be
using 3 HDHR Primes so I have 9 tuners. The priorities look like this:

Tuner 	Sched 	Live
CAB1-0 	1 	17
FBA1-0 	3 	15
CAEA-0 	5 	13