[mythtv-users] renumber channels

William Jacoby bonelifer at gmail.com
Sat May 10 20:38:59 UTC 2014

On 5/10/2014 11:51 AM, jacek burghardt wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to renumber channels I created source fta and
> scanned channels now the channels have - infront of them so -1096 this
> makes impossible
> for then to entered in mythfrontend. How I can rename all channels and
> add 10000 in front so I want to rename -1096 to 11096 how I can do
> that in database

On my channels in the US, my higher channels all have 1008_ attached to
the front. So I've had to remove them with an SQL statement, which took
awhile since I'm not good with creating them.

This should do what you want. I'd use phpmyadmin to create a backup and
test it there first:

update channel set channum = replace(channum, '-', '1') where
instr(channum, '-') > 0;