[mythtv-users] How to use XBMC with Myth?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri May 9 22:41:19 UTC 2014

After all the discussion, thought I'd give xbmc a spin. Must say I'm not
impressed.

Documentation is rubbish - remarkably difficult to find out what needs to be
installed and configured to talk to the mythbackend, there seems to be old
plugins out there that top the search results.

Found the ubuntu ppa. Installed xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth. Found the obscure
system settings location for configuring it, seems to test ok.

Cannot figure out where in the UI to actually view anything. I have no myth or
PVR entries at all.
--
Lindsay