[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix hack

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:10:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm rather busy so it took me a while to find some time.

I've added  2 snippets to the mythflix.sh and they do the trick
setx is present on most distros and doesn't care about gnome or kde or
most other windows managers, it works with X.

Regards
Rob

#!/bin/bash

#run script berfore firefox starts
~/mythnetflix/mythnetflix-start-before-firefox.sh

#starts firefox with netflix profile
setsid firefox -p mythtv-netflix &

# run script after firefox starts
~/mythnetflix/mythnetflix-start-after-firefox.sh

# turn of screensaver
xset s off         # don't activate screensaver
xset -dpms         # disable DPMS (Energy Star) features.
xset s noblank     # don't blank the video device

#loop to check if firefox is running
pidoffirefox=$(pidof -s firefox)
while [ $pidoffirefox != "" ]
do