[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:42:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> There is no plan to remove the mailing lists so no one is forcing you to
> use them.
> If you subscribe to a forum you can get emails of new posts I believe. You
> only
> have to visit be forum to reply to a thread if you prefer to get emails.
>
> If someone could explain exactly how this can be done, I would be grateful.

I want every forum post to be sent to me as a separate email,
automatically.  The best I've been able to do is to subscribe to a single
thread (which happens automatically when I post to a thread), and then I
get a single email notification of the first reply, and no more emails
until I actually visit the forum which resets some flag for that thread.

I have enough to deal with on a day-to-day basis without adding yet another
site that I'm supposed to poll on a regular basis.

Jim