[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu May 8 21:25:18 UTC 2014

On 08/05/14 21:49, Will Dormann wrote:
>> Touche!
>
> Well, it brings up a valid point.  What's the benefit of having one more
> place to look for info?
>

> -WD

We added the forums because it was thought they are more friendly and
inviting
for some users. Not every one likes mailing lists. They can be
intimidating and
unfriendly sometimes. It's something we've been asked for many times.

There is no plan to remove the mailing lists so no one is forcing you to
use them.
If you subscribe to a forum you can get emails of new posts I believe.
You only
have to visit be forum to reply to a thread if you prefer to get emails.

Keeping the feature requests in the forum just helps to keep them all
together in
one place in an easy to search form.

Paul H.