[mythtv-users] [WIP] New themes: Barry & Anita

Justin Hornsby justin0hornsby at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:12:29 UTC 2014

SNIP!

>Thanks Justin. Coding a MythTV theme is *a lot* of work—tons more than I >thought it would be, I can’t even begin to express it—so your comments have >been much appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Sam

Oh believe me I know full well how much work is involved. (Edit, copy,
paste, tweak, reload theme, rinse & repeat) .. I've made one or two
MythTV themes in my time ;-)  While I may not like every one I've ever
clapped eyes on I always appreciate the time, effort and skill it
takes. Ok maybe with the exception of Leafers-wide.  Ahem.
Encouraging words, I've not always been so good at ;-)

If I could offer one piece of advice from my own experience it'd be this:

Do this for YOU.  I tried to be too much of a crowd pleaser in the
past (show off) & it turned around & bit me hard.

Justin