[mythtv-users] [WIP] New themes: Barry & Anita

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Thu May 8 17:40:13 UTC 2014

On 8 May 2014 at 18:21:47, Justin Hornsby (justin0hornsby at gmail.com) wrote:
> On 8 May 2014 17:40, Sam Jacobs wrote:
> >
> > Something a little bit like this?
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oxpq54yuo4rjb3/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-08%20at%2008.37.06.png
>
> Oh yeah that's kind of what I mean. I never quite worked out how to
> make this kind of view work with the actual list of recordings .

I actually did try the recording list as grid thing, but it just looked… wrong, no matter how I tweaked it. Personally, I feel that there’s just too much information that needs to be imparted (or that I personally want to see, refer to my forthcoming reply to your earlier email :P) for it to fit gracefully into a grid cell.

> You could do all sorts with this - use banners.. go mad!
>
> Needs a background to stop the list showing behind it though ;-)

Yeah, yeah, I was being dragged out the door at the time :P I’ve polished it a bit now :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p09t3nmvmjq1xio/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-08%20at%2017.13.28.png

> While I still remember - one of the things I love are the monochrome
> icons. Maybe try & do them all in the same style (yes I *know* what a
> PITA that is.. been there a bit myself).

The icon set for both Barry and Anita is Batch[1] by Adam Whitcroft, which was a great find. Although it was sometimes difficult to find something relevant, even though Batch has over 300 icons…

[1] http://adamwhitcroft.com/batch/

Thanks,
Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail