[mythtv-users] MythArchive 0.27 mythburn.py patch for cutlist support (HD-PVR)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu May 8 09:22:23 UTC 2014

On 08/05/14 01:10, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 3/4/14, 5:59 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 04/03/14 02:27, Will Dormann wrote:
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Projectx couldn't find the recording details via:
>>> rec = DB.searchRecorded(chanid=chanid, starttime=starttime).next()
>>> The chanid and starttime variables seemed OK and matched what's in my
>>> recorded database.  But the above line fails with a StopIteration error.
>>>    So if finding the recording via the channel and time fails, I'm falling
>>> back to finding it via the recording filename, which was already stored
>>> in streaminfo_orig.xml.
>>
>> I suspect a utc-related cause for this - but you've found a workaround.
>>   Fine.
>

> Hey John,
>
> In setting up my new Mythbuntu 14.04 system, I figured I'd try using the
> stock mythburn.py script with ProjectX 0.91 (installed from zip...
> Ubuntu 14.04 still provides 0.90).  It exhibits the same problem that I
> originally encountered above.   I applied only that part of my patch and
> nothing else, and mythburn worked perfectly!   Commercial cuts and all.
>
> Do you happen to know what utc-related issue might be causing this?
> Sure, I have a workaround.  But I'd like to be able to use a stock
> mythburn.py so that I won't have to worry about re-patching it when
> MythTV is updated.    Possibly related is that I noticed that my
> scheduled mythfilldatabase run time (via mythtv backend setup) is off by
> my time zone's offset from UTC.    But show recording times and
> everything else I can see seems to be fine.
>

> Thanks
> -WD

Hi Will,

I looked briefly at the patch you posted at the start of this thread,
but I wasn't sure I could cleanly pick out the bits you just applied.  I
thought the UTC problem had been fixed for recent versions - see

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11758

which reveals several shots at it; but I don't recollect ever having
trouble with it myself. I think my path through the maze avoids those
parts.  I'm still not running the stock mythburn.py either - mainly mp2
and .iso-location stuff and a few extra diagnostics - and I'm not sure
that my last compare-and-resync exercise ever got completed.  Your
mythfilldatabase offset does suggest that your current problem may not
be specific to MythArchive, though.

Cheers,

John