[mythtv-users] Excessive CPU usage with 27.5 x64 Fedora?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 18:57:19 UTC 2014

I've just upgraded to 27.5 on a Mythfrontend Fedora x64 box and
something seems to have got broken, previous version has run happily
on this machine for about a year with 3-4 month yum updates.

I noticed that when a recording or video ended the 'return' to menu
screen was not snappy and sometimes it would only partially return
(i.e. The last frame from the video would take up the majority of the
screen with a 'box' where you could see the part of the menu screen
visible, however the behaviour was inconsistent).

So I've taken that machine out of production to do some analysis.....

Clean Boot

Start HTOP in a Terminal Session

Start mythfrontend in a seperate Terminal Session

Library-->  Recordings -->  Select just one recording....Play
recording for say 10 seconds.

Exit out of recording..back to recordings selection menu

Select HTOP Terminal Session to see what's happening

mythfrontend has saturated all 4 cores on a quad core box at 100% and
just sits there eat CPU cycles even though mythfrontend isn't doing
anything 'active'.

Screengrab here

http://postimg.org/image/pl3eywb2j/

Ideas/Thoughts/Suggestions?