[mythtv-users] MythNews Slashdot RSS

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed May 7 18:26:57 UTC 2014

Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> says:
> Is it just me or is the result of the RSS feed from Slashdot totally
> unreadable in MythNews these days.

No problem here on my 0.26 setup.

I don't remember if I edited the Slashdot feed URL or not, but use
http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot

I don't often use MythNews, but when I do I am always impressed by how
nicely it works (after some editing of dead/old RSS URLs in some
cases). The HTML-parsing issue with Google News Vincent mentioned is
annoying, but fortunately only affects summaries and not, strangely
enough, the headlines. Because MythWeb remembers my preferred zoom,
all articles are very readable from across the room.

The issue with Mythfrontend losing focus[1] after viewing some
articles--I think with banner ads or other elements that grab
focus--then exiting is still there, but like I said I don't often use
MythNews.

[1] Yes, I use a window manager

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg