[mythtv-users] Which (HDHR-Prime) tuner does DLNA prioritize?

Rob Jensen bertaboy at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:50:12 UTC 2014

So I just found out (yeah, I'm slow sometimes) that I can watch
DRM-ridden channels (e.g. HBO) on my PS3 via my HDHR-Prime.  I
understand the limitations we have w/ Myth and that I can't record the
channel, but I'm psyched about the possibility of watching the
channels w/out renting a cable box from Comcast or purchasing a
Windows license to use WMC, even if it means I can't time shift.

Is it possible consistently avoid conflicts between the PS3's DLNA
stream and mythtv recordings by removing one of three the tuners from
my mythtv configuration?  I only have one device which I would be
accessing the HDHR via DLNA.  Does anyone know if the HDHR would
consistently choose tuner 0, 1, or 2 for this connection or does it
cycle through them?

Many thanks,
Rob