[mythtv-users] MythNews Slashdot RSS

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed May 7 14:39:54 UTC 2014

On 07/05/14 05:45, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Is it just me or is the result of the RSS feed from Slashdot totally
> unreadable in MythNews these days.
>
> I get a column of words down the left for the summary that may be 3-4
> pages long and a  popup creeping up from the bottom of the page that I
> can't dismiss as I use a remote, not a pointing device.

This is on the web page? Can you give me an example feed. I just tried
one at random and didn't see any problems.

> A different set of problems with our local newspaper www.stuff.co.nz/rss
> which seems to always point to some sort of playable (or not!!) media.

At first glance this seems to be a problem with the parsing of the
enclosure element. We seem to assume an enclosure with no type is a
video and try to play it even if it is a jpg image. Should be easy to
fix if that is the only problem.

> Overall, not as good an experience as it used to be.
>
> Be interested on what others are getting from this plugin...

Paul H.