[mythtv-users] How to switch tuner card?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed May 7 05:59:34 UTC 2014

Thanks Michael,

NEXTCARD seems to work... mostly.

I have three dual-tuner cards which are:
	/dev/dvb/adapter{0,1,2,3,4,5}/frontend0
and which I named in MythTV:
	0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1
I also assigned "Live TV" priorities to these tuners:
	1, 2, ... 5, 6

Using the NEXTCARD action only the first four tuners are cycled through:
	0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, [then again] 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, [and so on...]
(never 2-0 or 2-1). If I change the priorities to be
	0, 0, 3, 4, 5, 6
I expect that the last four tuners will be used, but no, only cards 1-0 and 1-1
(the first active pair) are used with repeated NEXTCARD actions.

It seems that this action does not cycle through all the tuners.

Worse still, if I set priorities
	0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 6
(making only the last pair available for Live TV) then an attempt to watch
live TV gives "all tuners are currently busy" when a status check shows
that all the tuners are idle.

In short, I can never switch to the third card (with the third pair of tuners).

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)