[mythtv-users] Strange files in Recordings directory

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Wed May 7 05:43:52 UTC 2014

On 7 May 2014 at 03:16:49, Mike Carron (jmcarron at starstream.net) wrote:
> I have discovered strange files in my Recordings directory, strange
> because there is no channel (1)781 in my channel lineup. They are real
> recordings though, and are actually shows from the Food Channel ((1)742)
> which had been scheduled to record but which never appeared in the
> Recorded Programs display. My channel lineup is completely from
> Schedules Direct, I have never run a channel scan.

This almost certainly isn’t actually related to your problem, but the numbers that MythTV uses in filenames and its logs are internal channel IDs (the chanid column in the channel table of the database) not logical channel numbers (channum in the database).

Whilst MythTV appears to attempt to generate a chanid that seems to be based on (I’m qualifying that *a lot* because I haven’t looked at the code) the sourceid and channum, chanid stays the same even if something (you, a channel scan, etc.) changes the channum field.

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail