[mythtv-users] How to switch tuner card?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 7 03:29:38 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 10:26 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> Running 0.27 on up-to-date f19.
>
> It used to be that one could use the "Y" key so change to other
> tuners. This does not work
> for me (and did not work for a long while now). Maybe I am doing this
> wrong?
>
> Using mythweb (or otherwise), what key do I bind to what value to
> achieve this functionality?
>
> TIA

By default, Y is bound to TV Playback|NEXTSOURCE.  It would only result
in changing cards if you had multiple Video Sources and the next source
isn't available on the current card (on another input).  This isn't what
you want.

There's a binding for TV Playback|NEXTINPUT that defaults to C.  It
switches to the next input on the current card.  Again, not what you want.

However, TV Playback|NEXTCARD, is what you want.  It has no default
binding.  To which key you bind the action is up to you--and which keys
are already in use on your system and which keys are available on your
remote.  You can always just unbind one you don't need (such as Y from
TV Playback|NEXTSOURCE) and use it, or come up with one that's not
already used on your system.

Mike