[mythtv-users] OT: XBMC frontend use?

jacek burghardt jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
Wed May 7 02:30:00 UTC 2014

I had been using mythtv and xbmc for long time. I used mythtv before using
xbmc and because notion that mythtv developers dislike xbmc integration is
not that great. The problem I had run in past was difference in mythtv
version implementing protocols and not keeping backwards support. Lets say
if mythtv had higher protocol with more functions  and support clients with
lower protocol version that would be great but now having clients
supporting different protocol versions leads to crash of mythbackend. It
was paint full upgrading from 0.26 to 0.27 because xbmc support for was not
ready for 0.27 and because I had no backup of my database and it was
upgraded for 0.27.. Now it cant upgrade to 0.28 as there is no xbmc support
I guess. I wish that support for dvb scanning gets update. I wonder how
hard would be to port mediaportal that seems like mythtv compiled for
windows. It has great dvb-support as it let you download sat transponders.