[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed May 7 02:23:44 UTC 2014

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> There was a proposal*** by a scheduling genius to completely remove the
> "pick some number between -99 and +99 to represent the priority for your
> show

This is the TiVo approach, and makes complete sense to me; I mentioned
it favorably in 2007
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/301746#301746>).

If one rule has a higher priority than another, it doesn't and
shouldn't matter if the numbers are 2 and 1, 12 and 10, or 2000 and
-33. I could see a case for reserving a very low number (-9999, say)
as a special "ignore" flag that might be useful in some scripting
situations, but that's about it.

> As I understood the proposal, it would also make this "should we use
> priority to determine which rule wins when multiple rules match a show"
> issue a moot point because users would specifically say which rules
> should win over which others when they move up/down rules in the
> list

Agreed. That said, is there anything preventing implementing such a
visual-sorting approach right now, whether numeric priorities are
retained or not?

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg