[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:35:59 UTC 2014

Hoi David,

> On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 11:33:15PM +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 11:08:00 PM, you wrote:
>> > Note that if you created the rule for the Saturday show with an episode
>> > that started at 4:01pm and the current week's episode starts at 4:00pm,
>> > then the Monday episode would be the first episode of the week (because
>> > your week starts at 4:01pm).  Similarly, since you're using EIT and some
>> > EIT listings do such, if you created a rule for an episode that started
>> > at 4:00:01 and this week's episode starts at 4:00:00, then it's not in
>> > the new week.
>>
>> I think I understand what you mean, but does the fact that, until Myth
>> receives the monday info it schedules the saturday show and then
>> after receiving the monday info it reschedules to monday, not mean it
>> matches them as being in the same week? And does then next saturday
>> scheduling the show even though it was recorded last monday, not mean
>> it sees them as belonging to different weeks?

> It could mean any number of things.  When the Monday showing is
> scheduled, what is the status of the Saturday showing, earlier, later
> or something else?

I'm not sure, but I think 'later recording'. I've to wait till friday
to check.

>> > This is yet one more reason why the "find weekly" rules aren't
>> > ideal--because even slight schedule changes can have unexpected
>> > results.  So if your listings force you to use them, you may need to
>> > work around listings/schedule issues.  IIRC, you can edit the start time
>> > for find weekly recordings in MythWeb's schedule editor.  (Or is that
>> > only for manual rules?  I may be completely mistaken as I've never
>> > created or used a find weekly/daily rule.)
>>
>> In Mythweb I only see when last the rule was active in recording a
>> show. The start/end moment of the week is a bit misty. I always
>> assumed the week starts at the moment of the first recording with the
>> rule.

> I though Mythweb had that ability too.  In mythfrontend, press INFO
> twice on each showing and look for the "Find ID" section near the
> bottom.  What does it say for each showing?

At the recording from yesterday it says: 735721 (sa, may 3th 2014)

Oh by the way, I'm still running 0.26 Gentoo latest. I have planned to
go over to 0.27 sometime soon, together with more maintenance on the
server.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven