[mythtv-users] Show matching two searches not recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 6 21:08:00 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 03:41 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 8:25:08 PM, you wrote:
>>> Yes it is a weekly rule. And obviously it finds the monday more
>>> attractive, but the only difference I know of is the schedule being
>>> less crowded and that before February when I added a recorder it had
>>> to move. It's like it remembers the old situation!?
>> For weekly ahd daily rules, the "week" or "day" begins at the time of
>> the program you used when you created the rule.  In your case, the
>> week for your program starts at some time after the Saturday showing
>> up until the time of the Monday showing.  As far as MythTV is
>> concerned, it is recording the first available program every week.
> I don't think so, for I created the rule for the saturday show and on
> activating monday it deactivates saturday. So it thinks them to be in
> the same week. Also on recording on monday it at first activates next
> saturday.

Note that if you created the rule for the Saturday show with an episode
that started at 4:01pm and the current week's episode starts at 4:00pm,
then the Monday episode would be the first episode of the week (because
your week starts at 4:01pm).  Similarly, since you're using EIT and some
EIT listings do such, if you created a rule for an episode that started
at 4:00:01 and this week's episode starts at 4:00:00, then it's not in
the new week.

This is yet one more reason why the "find weekly" rules aren't
ideal--because even slight schedule changes can have unexpected
results.  So if your listings force you to use them, you may need to
work around listings/schedule issues.  IIRC, you can edit the start time
for find weekly recordings in MythWeb's schedule editor.  (Or is that
only for manual rules?  I may be completely mistaken as I've never
created or used a find weekly/daily rule.)

Mike