[mythtv-users] VAAPI with Intel HD 4400

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun May 4 19:28:26 UTC 2014

Hoi Josu,

Sunday, May 4, 2014, 9:17:57 PM, you wrote:

>> Does look like your present intel driver doesn't support your
>> hardware. What does lspci say about your hardware?

> Thanks Hika,

> This is the lspci output:

> $ lspci -k -s 00:02.0
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
> Subsystem: Dell Device 05e0
> Kernel driver in use: i915

> Best regards.

The i915 of cause is supported but I don't see Haswell-ULT in the list
in your log. You have to check if there is a driver version that does
support it. Obviously as opposed to your kernel X doesn't recognize it
as a i915 variant. It often is a problem with to new hardware. It can
take some time to get recognised. X therefor defaults to the vesa
driver.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven