[mythtv-users] Video breaking up after installing new video card

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:02:49 UTC 2014

My old video card seemed to have some compatability issues with my Onkyo
receiver, so I upgraded and bought a "Galaxy Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB DDR3
PCI Express Graphic Card HDMI DVI VGA".

I've found that this is causing a few problems when watching recordings
that we never used to have with the older (and therefore I had assumed
inferior) card.

1) I'm getting a horizontal line quite a lot of the time across the screen.
It might be what people refer to as tearing, but it doesn't seem to require
any horizontal panning to appear.

2) My video goes very blocky and smashes the picture up. When this happens
the audio also disappears. It happens quite a lot (many times per
recording).

What is the best way of fixing this? Do you just have to try lots of
different playback profile and interlace settings until you find one that
works? Or is there a more scientific way?