[mythtv-users] HDPVR S/PDIF troubles

John J Tucker mythtv
Thu May 1 03:39:56 UTC 2014

Martin,

My hdpvr.conf file is exactly as your's is.  I use the web service interface to change channels/talk to the STB and I don't use lirc for anything.

I attached the HDPVR/STB to my windows pc and it has the same problems, no video or audio if the audio input is set to S/PDIF.  I think the problem is with the coax to optical converter I'm using.  The stereo likes the signal but the HDPVR doesn't.  I'm going to buy a different brand of converter and try that.  I'm hoping this is a $20 problem that I can fix and not a software issue I can't.

Thanks for you help and info.

adios,
jt