[mythtv-users] Myth Netvision audio not working

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Mar 29 12:55:06 UTC 2014

On 3/27/2014 10:40 AM, Angela wrote:
>>> At boot restore a working state file:
>>> alsa-restore.conf:exec /sbin/alsactl restore -f
>>> /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.correct
> If you have sound working:
> cp /var/lib/alsa/asound.state /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.correct
>
> Change in /etc/init/alsa-restore.conf  the line
> exec /sbin/alsactl restore
> exec /sbin/alsactl restore -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.correct
>
> At reboot, a working copy (asound.state.correct) will be loaded.
>
> Angela

Thanks for the help, but I  don't  think the sound was really working
correctly (alsamixer still wouldn't run).  I had tried a bunch of things
to fix it, so rather than unwind all the changes, I dumped the box and
reloaded mythbuntu from scratch (it's a test box).  Then removed
pulseaudio and set the alsa global default hardware.  Sound works in the
chromium and works in netvision; except the volume is really low in
netvision...not sure what that's about.

Remove pulseaudio:
$sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

Set global alsa default in /etc/asound.conf:
(create file and add this to it)

pcm.!default {
         type hw
         card 1