[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 02:31:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com>
> wrote:
> > I can change the channel via firewire (at least I think it works), but
> that does
> > not change the channel that is being sent through the Component output
> (I am
> > recording via HD-PVR). I presume that the channel being output via
> firewire
> > is also not changed via IR.
>
> Wow.  I've never heard of that one.
>
> Does that mean you can use one STB to record two shows at once?  (One
> via firewire and one via component?)  I would not have thought that
> was possible.
>
> Eric

@Tom. Thanks for your feedback. Actually when I first started this thread
it was because I was trying to use Firewire to record video change the
channel on my STB (Cisco RNG150N). Basically just use the one cord for
both. I was able to successfully capture video off my STB beautifully but I
couldn't find any way to change the channel. None of the scripts I tried
would work. Well that's not entirely true. One worked but it would only
changed the channel up and down, it would except no other commands.

So then I decided to try to the IR Blaster /Emitter that came with my HP
MCEUSB Kit to change the channel on my STB while still using the Firewire
to capture video. But it's not working either, well not yet at least. I've
got a few more things to try including picking up an Iguana IR USB which
I've heard good things about from this list. So we shall see.

Floyd