[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Mar 27 21:15:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> confused
>>> to the
>>> sense,
>>> it
>>> saying

>>> I have used the iguana IR remote emitter stuck to the front of the set
>>> top box for a few years and it works well. If you want to control two set
>>> top boxes in the same room you may have problems as Eric mentioned. The
>>> Iguana can actually control up to 4 set top boxes.
>>>

>>> Peter
>>>

> @Erik. Actually when I look my iPhone  (this is the only digital camera I
> own) and point it at the front of my Cable box I do not see anything
> blinking. Should it be blinking constantly or only when I click at button
> on my remote.  I did check that in the set up menu for the Cable Box it
> does say "IR Blaster: Yes". but it's not working for me.

You need to point your iPhone at the emitter, not the cable box. It should
blink when you issue the `irsend SEND_ONCE RNG150 power` command. It can be
easier to see this if the room is dark, by the way (doesn't have to be
black, but try turning the lights off).

That "IR Blaster" option in the cable box may be for enabling its external
IR receiver...?

Karl