[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Mar 27 03:58:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Okay. I'm just stuck at this point. Here's what I can tell you
> I'm trying to get my IR Blasting working with my MCEUSB Kit. It uses a
> little IR Transmitter which connects to the back of the USB
> transmitter/reciver. The remote controll works fine with my MythBox. And
> IRW shows me it's receiving commands. I was under the impression to get IR
> Blaster to work so I could change the channels on my STB Box (Cisco RNG
> 150) I just had to point it at the Cable Box's IR Reciever and it would
> work. Im mean once i got it set up correctly.
> So here's some help stuff.
> 000000037ff07bed 00 KEY_CHANNELUP mceusb
> 000000037ff07bed 01 KEY_CHANNELUP mceusb
> 000000037ff07bed 02 KEY_CHANNELUP mceusb
> 000000037ff07bed 00 KEY_CHANNELUP mceusb
> My Hardward.conf
> # /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
> #
> #Chosen Remote Control
> REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev mceusb"
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
> #Chosen IR Transmitter
> TRANSMITTER="Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Motorola Cable box"
> TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev mceusb"
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="motorola/dctxxxx.conf"
> #Enable lircd
> START_LIRCD="true"
> #Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
> #START_LIRCMD="false"
> #Try to load appropriate kernel modules
> # Default configuration files for your hardware if any
> #Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
> #If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
> #that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
> #frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
> #It will then populate all other variables without any user input
> #If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
> #to leave this set to "false"
> And my lircd.conf
> #This configuration has been automatically generated via
> #the Ubuntu LIRC package maintainer scripts.
> #
> #It includes the default configuration for the remote and/or
> #transmitter that you have selected during package installation.
> #
> #Feel free to add any custom remotes to the configuration
> #via additional include directives or below the existing
> #Ubuntu include directives from your selected remote and/or
> #transmitter.
> #Configuration for the Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)
> remote:
> include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
> #Configuration for the Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Motorola
> Cable box transmitter:
> include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters/motorola/dctxxxx.conf"
> I did try and use the lircd.conf at "
> http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/?viewremote=1227" but to be
> honest I'm not sure what I'm doing here and it just seem to break everything
> Also one last thing. When running a the command LircChannelChanger.sh
> script I do get the IR Transmitter to light up but the STB does nothing.
> Also heres the output of that
>  ./LircChannelChanger --remote=mceusb --delay=.2 KEY_CHANNELUP --debug
> lockCreate for lock type semaphore
> Creating lock semaphore 727522346 (0x2b5d1c2a)
> lockGet for lock type semaphore
> Lock acquired
> Issuing system command: irsend  SEND_ONCE mceusb KEY_CHANNELUP
>   child exited with value 0
> adding .2 to delay accumulator: after digit key
> zeroing delay accumulator after lirc commands
> lockFree for lock type semaphore
> Okay any advice at this point would be helpful. Where and I screwing up
> here?
> Floyd
> I'm not familiar with mythbuntu's lirc setup but I think you need to
change this line:
to point to the lircd.conf you downloaded from commandir.com.

Then you can test with the irsend command, something like this:
irsend SEND_ONCE RNG150 power

...which should send the power command to your STB (you could try other
codes listed in the lircd.conf file but note that they are case sensitive).
As recommended before, if the command runs without error but the STB still
doesn't respond, look at your IR emitter through a camera (smartphone or
other camera)--you should be able to see the IR flashes on the camera
screen if it's transmitting.

Once that's working you can try with LircChannelChanger like this:
./LircChannelChanger --remote=RNG150 --delay=.2 63 --debug

...which should change the STB to channel 63 (if that's a channel you get;
otherwise change it to a valid channel number).

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20140326/bac9345c/attachment.html>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list