[mythtv-users] Intermittent grey preview, recording won't play

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:20:32 UTC 2014

> I installed mythffmpeg specifically to create those pastebin posts
> because I was asked to post the output of "mythffmpeg -i
> xxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx.mpg". I had ffmpeg installed on the back end, and I've
> now installed it on the front end.

I didn't know it was possible to install MythTV without mythffmpeg, how did you do that?

And if you didn't already have mythffmpeg installed, and you didn't have ffmpeg on the frontend either then what was it using before? Or doesn't the frontend need mythffmpeg - but then why would the frontend have a ffmpeg over-ride if it didn't need mythffmpeg?

I'm confused... I thought it was a given that anyone with MythTV had mythffmpeg?