[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28 (for MythTV 0.27)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 25 10:38:09 UTC 2014

On 03/24/2014 06:03 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> As the main menu, what's the point of showing setup at all time on the
> main screen? how often would you go and need to go into it.
> Personally, on my main frontend: never
>
> It it could be removed all together and only access it via a fancy
> secret key combination that would suit me fine just well :)

You can remove the setup from the menu by creating/modifying a menu
theme (you're currently using defaultmenu, classic, mediacentermenu, or
DVR).  Currently there's no jump point for settings or edit keys, but
you could add them (in mythfrontend/main.cpp around line 1305).  This
wouldn't affect how many items appear on the main menu in your UI theme,
but would allow you to remove things you don't want there.

Mike