[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28 (for MythTV 0.27)

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Mar 24 21:36:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Richard Hulme <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 23/03/14 03:06, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>>
>> I pushed a major update to the Mythbuntu theme last night for MythTV
>> 0.27 for the upcoming 14.04 release. Please let me know any questions
>> or comments you have. I've already gotten some feedback and will be
>> (actually I've already committed it to master) increasing the font
>> size in the menu and recording screens.
>

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Many of the settings screens (e.g. 'General', 'Appearance') now seem to be
> shown using the Terra theme.  I'm guessing there's naming mismatch somewhere
> and it's dropping back to Terra as a default.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

That is actually by design. It was a change submitted to me by someone
using a Mac, as apparently there are bugs somewhere in the Mac code.
I've included the comments below from the person that submitted them
to me. I don't own nor have access to OSX, so I cannot test anything
on it and have thus taken this person at their word.

"The Terra-like colors are from using Terra's qtlook.txt to fix the
longstanding Mac frontend issue. Not 100% ideal, but at least 1) it's
only in the settings pages and 2) it's now usable for both Mac and
non-Mac users.

As the commit note states, with the stock qtlook.txt the config
screens are unreadable because black fonts are used on Mythbuntu's
black background. I think it's an issue with OS X's Qt."

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos