[mythtv-users] Is there a way out of this tar pit?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 04:56:05 UTC 2014

On 3/23/14, 12:32 AM, HP-mini wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 21:56 -0600, John J Tucker wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am really struggling to find a solution and I'm tired and out of ideas.
>> So, is there some other linux distro that I can build Mythtv .27.
>>
>> Thanks for any and all advice.
>>
>> adios,
>> jt
> Moving away from 12.04 was a mistake.. leaving you with old packages or
> having to compile.
> A good soln is Ubuntu 12.04-LTS with mythtv 0.27+fixes courtesy of
> mythbuntu ppa.
> Fairly sure you don't need pulse audio at all to build or use mythtv.
>
> Couple weeks time 14.04 is released & it will be a LTS version with
> mythbuntu sourced mythtv..

I was intending to ask the good devs on the list here, what is the
prognosis for a Mythbuntu release upon 14.04 release?
Personally, I'm dubious. It's *sort* of stable now, in its later beta
stage, but for production?
Dunno.

Now, for the record, *all* of my production boxes here are 12.04-LTS.
LTS is *stable*. Anything else is not.