[mythtv-users] So confused. Firewire to STB - channel change script - mythchanger

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:02:35 UTC 2014

> On Mar 22, 2014, at 6:11 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I'm experimenting with using a Firewire to connect to my STB and that seems to be working.
>
> But now I want to set up the external channel change command script. Except there seems to be a lot of different information out there and no one posting has the same description.
>
> So far I've zeroed in on something called mythchanger, but it's not part of my Mythbuntu distro and I have no idea what to find it, and how to install it.
>
> What I'm looking for are some simple instructions.
>
> My STB is a SA/Cisco RNG150N. When I connected to my PC, Myth does see it as a Capture Device.
>
> Any help here would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Floyd

I use the 6200 channel changing c program. You have to get the code and make file and compile it (which is actually pretty straight forward if you have the correct FireWire development packages) and use that to change the channel. Unsure if it works with your stb and you may need to modify the code to add your device model number and id in there.