[mythtv-users] rebalance deleted recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 20 19:52:46 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 03:49 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Yeah, that's my best guess as to what happened, too.  So it is a bug,
> just not a bug related to expiring recordings that shouldn't be
> expirable (but a consequence of a bug that makes recordings that
> shouldn't be expirable into Live TV, which means they're expired with
> preference).

Oh, and that said, it may have been a good thing that you hit the bug
that allowed it to expire the news show (which caused you to notice the
issue and move things around) because when MythTV records to a full file
system with nothing allowed to expire, the consequences are dire.
Typically, it will mean many missed recordings (and possibly
crashed/locked up/... backend or the entire MythTV system (including
master and remote backends)).

So, maybe now we can call #11119 a "feature"?  ;)

Mike