[mythtv-users] "Whitescreen" on start in 0.27

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 19 11:57:52 UTC 2014

On 18/01/14 16:11, John Pilkington wrote:

> I'm glad the shift from the Qt painter has worked for some people, but
> I've just remembered why I was using it.  With the painter set to 'Auto'
> the selection frame in the Programme Guide is just about invisible;  it
> still works, but it's difficult to know where it is.

Quick update.  I tried 'Auto' painter selection again last night on the
SL6-etc laptop.  The programme selection box is now clearly visible in
the EPG, and (as before with this setting) I don't see the white screen
on frontend startup.

I suspect that colour palette management may have been corrected in
recent KDE (now Plasma?) updates to 4.12.3.

John P