[mythtv-users] "Record Only This Showing" & duplicate matching

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Mar 18 19:04:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:11:52PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/18/2014 12:05 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> >On Mar 18, 2014, at 10:33 AM, David Engel wrote:
> >
> >>There are "Record this showing" and "Record one showing" (old "Find
> >>one") rules.  I'm going to assume your "record once" is the latter.
> >I mean "record this showing" like in the subject. When I retested after the first response I saw "single recording" in the status and then typed it as "record one" which introduced a distraction that I didn't intend.
> >
> >That said, I'd reiterate that the behaviour of "record this showing" is wrong or at least unhelpful. It reads as an imperative "do this" not "do this... maybe" so I wonder if a naive user would get surprised by what actually happens.
>
> If "Record this showing" sounds imperative, wouldn't you say "Record all
> showings" sounds just as imperative.  Both are affected by the
> (user-specified-in-the-same-rule) duplicate matching policy.

Additionally, some phrasing was changed when the hopefully, simpler
dialog for new rules was added rather than going directly to the
schedule editor.  Some other phrasing, like short rule type names have
not been changed accordingly.

> >Further, why is the option to disable duplicate matching greyed out in the recording rule detail editor?
>
> Are you talking about MythWeb or mythfrontend?

I think he means mythfrontend, but that can't be because duplicate
detection is disabled for single record rules.  It might not look like
it due to MythUI/theme limitations, but it certainly is.

David