[mythtv-users] "Record Only This Showing" & duplicate matching

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Mar 18 16:05:27 UTC 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 10:33 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> There are "Record this showing" and "Record one showing" (old "Find
> one") rules.  I'm going to assume your "record once" is the latter.

I mean "record this showing" like in the subject. When I retested after the first response I saw "single recording" in the status and then typed it as "record one" which introduced a distraction that I didn't intend.

That said, I'd reiterate that the behaviour of "record this showing" is wrong or at least unhelpful. It reads as an imperative "do this" not "do this... maybe" so I wonder if a naive user would get surprised by what actually happens.

Further, why is the option to disable duplicate matching greyed out in the recording rule detail editor? It makes sense if "record this" was outside of the duplicate matching scheme but it isn't so you ought to have a chance to opt out.

Anyway, thanks for the authoritative answer!

- George