[mythtv-users] Bluray DTS passthrough doesn't work

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Mar 18 03:50:50 UTC 2014

> On Mar 17, 2014, at 2:33 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 'default' is *very* unlikely going to be the device you want to use.

Huh, I changed the mythtv config to explicitly use the active hdmi setting in the list rather than default, and both ac3 and the bluray dts worked great. It was a little confusing given the details of both the default alsa selection and the explicit hdmi selection looked identical and the ac3 pass through worked on the default selection.

I guess I should have just tried the explicit hdmi selection to begin with rather than bothering the mailing list. Thanks much for your help and prodding me to actually try something I was assuming wouldn't make a difference :).