[mythtv-users] Two files after transcoding

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:42:35 UTC 2014

> The successive runs that still showed orphans were simply showing files that the backend had not yet finished deleting.  Had you just waited, they would have disappeared, eventually, with only the one run.
>
> Mike
Mike is making quite an important point here that took me few goes to understand when I first used find_orphans.py. (IIUC) find_orphans.py still uses the slow delete function that is built into Mythtv, so even though the script returns back to the mini-menu or appears complete the delete process is just starting and could still run for hours if there are a lot if files.

On my first go I just assumed it would be instantaneous like 'rm xxxx_xxxxxxxxx.mpg'.

I'm not sure but I assume that it would be safe for the system to shutdown and the delete would just continue at next restart?