[mythtv-users] Two files after transcoding

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:27:13 UTC 2014

Hoi Michael,

> On 03/17/2014 01:26 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
>> I've found find_orphans.py script to be less than reliable.   After
>> upgrading my mythtv box, an NFS permissions issue caused recordings to
>> fail to be successfully deleted.  This left a lot of orphans taking up
>> space on my NAS.
>>
>> I had to run the script multiple times to get all of the stray files
>> cleaned up.

> The successive runs that still showed orphans were simply showing files
> that the backend had not yet finished deleting.  Had you just waited,
> they would have disappeared, eventually, with only the one run.

> Mike

He is talking about NFS and to my annoyance only group rights on the
primary group go through NFS. My normal user account who is member of
my smbmedia group, which is the primary group for mythtv, cannot
access files on mythtv NFS shares. While it can locally. (I have users
and groups through ldap, so the uid's and gid's are matching). So
through NFS you can have unexpected rights issues. I'm thinking of
stepping over to cifs(samba) shares in Linux. They are defined, so I
only have to find time to find out how to use it in Linux.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop