[mythtv-users] Two files after transcoding

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:59:05 UTC 2014

Hoi Michael,

Monday, March 17, 2014, 3:35:50 AM, you wrote:

> On 03/16/2014 07:34 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Maybe it mentions
>> only files that only exists as .old and not as the original, maybe
>> because transcoding failed?

> find_orphans.py tells you about any file that exists in a MythTV
> recording directory that is not known/managed by MythTV.

>> I still doubt that still existing .old files with a successful
>> replacement are kept in the database.

> They're not.  They're unmanaged.

> Mike

So if I understand right, find_orphans.py list all files it finds in
any storage directory, that are nowhere mentioned in the database.
So deleting all .old files by hand should not give any problem, as I
thought.
And if you are not satisfied by a transcoding, you should delete the
new file and remove .old from the old file?
I see only one problem there, namely that the filesize in the database
will be incorrect and possibly also the extention (mpg -> nuv). So
what is the procedure te restore back the pre-transcode '.old file?'.
That possibility is after all the reason to keep '.old'.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop