[mythtv-users] Fan Art and the Video Manager

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Mar 15 18:49:34 UTC 2014

Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote on Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 02:17:51PM -0400:
> On 3/14/2014 11:38 AM, Greg Thompson wrote:
> >
> >On Mar 14, 2014, at 8:22 AM, Tom Bongiorno <tbjr at bongohut.com
> ><mailto:tbjr at bongohut.com>> wrote:
> >
> >>On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Greg Thompson
> >><gthompson20 at gmail.com <mailto:gthompson20 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >>    I am trying to switch to the Myth Client from XBMC, and I am
> >>    working on setting up my videos folder to contain my Movies and
> >>    TV Shows. In my videos folder I created 2 top Level Folders, 1
> >>    called "Movies" and the Other Called "TV". My Question is, is
> >>    there a way to specify a Fanart Background and Icon for these
> >>    folders? I would like to use custom Backgrounds and Icons for
> >>    these specific folders...And to take it a step farther, if I were
> >>    to Create Genre Folders under "Movies" can I give manually give
> >>    them fan art images to show?
> >>
> >>    Thanks!
> >>

> >>For the icon (or cover art), just place an image in the folder
> >>called folder.xxx.  It supports most image formats.  The theme
> >>will look for that first before using cover art from a video.
> >>
> >>As for the background (or fan art), I believe that is a theme
> >>specific thing.  I could be wrong.  I actually always modify my
> >>themes to never show any background fan art.
> >>
> >>Hope that helps.
> >>

> >Hmmm this doesn't seem to work for me... I just get an entry in my
> >list for "Folder"... I have tried both jpg and png files...
> >
> >Ideas?
> >

> That behavior is case sensitive.  Make it lowercase.

I accidentally deleted Greg's last email where he said he's using gallery view
with myth 0.27 and multiple themes, so I'm responding to this one instead.

I just wanted to confirm that placing a file named folder.png in the movies
directory works for me in the gallery view with the Mythbuntu and Steppes
themes. Also on myth 0.27.

Greg, maybe you could try starting mythfrontend with the -v gui option to see if
the log has anything useful.