[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Refresh page behavior

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 18:45:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
> Is there a setting in MythWeb that controls where the page loads when
> refreshing the page in the browser?
>
> If I'm looking at a page other than the current date/time and I refresh the
> page, it returns to the current date/time. Is it possible to have it return
> to the date/time that it was on at the time I refreshed it? Or, if I clicked
> on a program to set the record parameters and then click on back, it doesn't
> get around this be opening the recording parameters page with right click,
> open in new tab.)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

Actually no, and I'd say there's no way it could.  The reason is that
changing times etc within the listings navigates in place updating the
current page using ajax requests, and as a result doesn't change the
base URL of the page you're on.  The same is the case with any web
based app that updates the page via ajax.  The only way it could
behave the say you're describing would be for all the navigation to
actually  resubmit the entire page rather than using ajax, which would
be painfully awful for a whole list of reasons.

The only other way that could happen would be to remember the
time/whatever in the session, which wouldn't just retain that when you
refreshed the page, but *every* time you went to the page, which would
clearly be undesirable as well.

Tom