[mythtv-users] Hd pvr 1212 question / front side composite ports

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:47:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay that's awesome, so one more dumb question can I still schedule shows through MythTV and the HD 1212 will be able to record when
> Not home? Or will I have to manually change the channel. Also can I watch and record two things at once. Meaning watchtower TV and record from a different tuner at the same time.

Yes - you will need an IR blaster (included in 1212), or firewire
channel changer, or network based channel changing (I do not know what
your receiver will need) to change channels for recording.  If you are
recording with the receiver, then you cannot tune it to something else
and watch it.  MythTV needs it exclusively.  You can however watch
other recordings made previously by MythTV while it is recording (it
is a DVR after all).