[mythtv-users] Recommendations - WinTV-DCR-2650 vs HD Homerun Prime

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:57:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Windows Media Center? Hmm that's another option I suppose. Does that work
> similar to MythTV or is it something different. I'm mostly a Mac person
> (with some Linus mixed in) so I've not much experience with Windows
> products.
>
> I'm not recommending you go to WMC, just that you understand the
limitations imposed on MythTV due to it's open source nature. We don't use
movie channels since we have Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc, so it's not a big
deal to us. The only reason I complained at all to Comcast is they have
Cartoon Network set as DRM which the kids would like to be able to watch.
Also odd, the Weather Channel was marked DRM.

Richard